Against The Grain
Wedding day stress is simply inevitable! I am a wedding photographer so I have been to weddings as small as twenty people in someones backyard to as big as over 100 people at a mansion with a wedding coordinator, designer, caterers, hair and makeup artist etc… One thing that every single wedding has in common…a stressed out bride! Typically they are stressed about two things, getting dressed in time and being in front of all of those people! A few smaller stressors do come along of course like, what to eat to be sure you aren’t bloated or sick, how to focus on what you are supposed to say while at the alter instead of focusing on the audience, how does your breath smell, and please God don’t let me get a big pimple on my nose before this ceremony!
I have seen many brides deal with these stressors in many way, but one way has proven to be the most successful! The last bride I spent the day with used essential oils through out her day. She had a huge wedding with tons of moving parts and she kept it all together. She even chose not to wear perfume so she could smell her stress away all day! So I decided it was time to write a list of common stressors and how you can use essential oils to help you through your big day!
1. Stress itself is a stressor! Young Living’s Stress Away proves very helpful to keep those jitters down and keep a smile on your face!
Stress Away includes copaiba and lavender to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium. Featuring powerful plant constituents, such as the cedrol found in cedarwood and the eugenol that occurs naturally in vanilla, Stress Away can help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension.
2. Bloating and belly aches are scary thoughts for your wedding day. Thankfully Young Living makes a blend called DiGize! DiGize promotes healthy digestion and can soothe stomach discomforts. It can also be used to help alleviate bloating and pressure and it even works well for occasional heartburn and nausea.
The best way to use DiGize on your wedding day would be to rub it on your stomach right where it hurts or feels bloated. Or if you are feeling nauseous you can simply smell it or rub it on your chest for heartburn! It smells wonderful so you don’t have to worry about smelling like bad oils all day either.
3. The nerves you get thinking about standing in front of the audience. One of Young Livings most popular blends will do wonders for your courage and your nerves. Valor is a high demand, low cost essential oil that you can use for so many things. If you use this oil on your wedding day, I can guarantee it will be an essential oil you never go without again.
This would be a great oil to put in a diffuser in the room you are getting ready in. Every one will love the smell and feel clear headed!
4. Focus. How will you stay focused on what you are supposed to say when all you can think about is the audience staring at you?! There are so many options to help you with this like Clarity and Cedarwood. But, Valor works great too! Since you are already using Valor for your nerves, you should be able to stay focused too!
5. Breath. Oh my God, i’m staring at my soon to be husband and I haven’t brushed my teeth since early this morning. What does my breath smell like!? This is an easy one! Young Living has a product line called Thieves. Since me and my family have started using Thieves toothpaste, the dentist has seen huge improvements in our teeth and gums. Plus, morning breath seems to be a thing of the past!
Brush your teeth with Thieves in the morning and pop a Thieves mint on your way out and your breath will be perfect and your teeth will be beautiful!
6. Pimples. If you wake up two days before your wedding with a huge pimple, you will probably stress enough to cause more pimples! Thankfully, Young Living has oils for that too! I personally use Tea Tree. I can make a pimple disappear in two days by putting a drop of tea tree on it three times a day. It dries it right up and promotes fast healing! This is also a great essential oil for an everyday beauty regimen!
I think I covered the basics! If you have another stressor you’re worried about, put it in the comments and I can help you out!
Use these simple tips to help you stay calm on your wedding day. Your wedding day is for you, you should be happy!
So, how do you get your hands on these oils? You can buy them retail through Young Living or you can purchase a starter kit, which makes you a wholesale member, and buy them at wholesale prices. The oils in the starter kit are amazing and you will need them for many other things!
Click here and it will take you to a page that quickly shows you how to go about each option!
Comment below with any of your testimonies or questions!